MEDIA INQUIRIES: Cheryl Sheehan – 203-272-3547 ext. 386
Elim Park Place Independent Living:
Nelson Hall Theatre
- Vaccinated family members are welcome to attend Nelson Hall events and Sunday church service.
- Nelson Hall is now open to the public. Proof of vaccination is required for admittance. Please see https://nelsonhallelimpark.org/ for shows and tickets.
Current Visitation Guidelines:
Elim Park Place Independent Living (no changes)
- Visitors are allowed in the apartments if the visitor shows proof of receiving both vaccinations upon entering Village Green.
- We will make a photocopy of the visitor’s vaccination card. It must be a minimum of 14 days since the visitor has received their second dose of the vaccine.
- Please continue to wear a mask, practice good hand hygiene, and safe social distancing.
Elim Park Health Care Center (updated 11/19):
VISITATION: We are excited to announce that effective November 12, CMS has modified visitation restrictions and significantly expanded opportunities to visit your loved one.
- You do not need to make appointments for visitation. However, if you have several people or need a private lounge please notify us so we can accommodate you.
- You may now visit with a loved one in their room.
Although we have removed many restrictions, please continue to follow all of the protocols currently in place.
- Please enter through the Health Care Center main entrance.
- You must have your temperature taken each time you enter.
- Wash your hands often.
- Wear a mask at all times unless you are eating.
- Go directly to your designated visitation area.
- Visitors are not permitted access to common areas of Elim Park.
COVID and Boosters: Thank you for your support during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our zealous efforts in encouraging staff and resident vaccinations, heightened infection control protocols, and your continued cooperation has enabled us to keep Elim Park safe and secure for residents and staff.
Unfortunately, this fight is not over. A local nursing home is currently experiencing an outbreak and a facility in the northeast corner of the state has over 100 new cases of COVID and sadly, eight residents have passed away.
This is a reminder that we must remain vigilant. Here are the steps you can take to keep yourself and our community safe from this aggressive and unrelenting virus:
- If you haven’t been vaccinated, please do so.
- Vaccines are proven safe and effective and provide an end to this virus. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/safety-of-vaccines.html
- If you have been vaccinated, please get your booster as soon as you are eligible.
- Do not visit if you are not feeling well.
UPCOMING HOLIDAYS: This festive time of year presents opportunities to be with family and friends. It also provides an increased risk of spreading COVID-19.
If you and your loved one choose to attend holiday gatherings in private homes, please continue to follow the CDC’s guidance. This includes washing hands often, wearing masks, and maintaining social distance as much as possible. Large gatherings, particularly with those that are not vaccinated, increases this risk and should be avoided.
If you or your loved one have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, please notify us immediately.
Protecting residents’ quality of life and keeping all of us safe is a team effort. On behalf of our entire community, we appreciate your ongoing support and vigilance in fighting this virus. Our entire team wishes you a healthy and happy Thanksgiving.
Should you have any questions, please contact Morgan Dickson at 203-272-3547 ext. 199.
Better. Stronger. Closer
As we reopen our community and begin our new normal, we do so with the conviction that we are better, stronger and closer as a result of the challenges we faced together. Our Annual Report provides a glimpse into this unprecedented journey. (Click on the image below to read this publication.) We extend our heartfelt thanks to the residents and their families for their trust in us during this extraordinary time. And now, as we take these much welcomed steps ahead in our community and across Connecticut, we look forward to a bright future at Elim Park!
Please note the following numbers to assist you in reaching out to us:
Elim Park Health Center
Main number: 203-272-3547
Elim Park Place Independent Living
Main number: 203-272-7550
Follow Elim Park on social media: